Office Representative - State Farm Agent Team Member (Base salary + commission)
Full Time in Berkeley, CA
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Proactive in problem solving
- Pride in getting work done accurately and timely
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to conduct interviews in the office
- Ability to effectively relate to a customer
- Ability to explain complex financial issues in understandable terms
- Property and Casualty license (must be able to obtain)
- Life and Health license (must be able to obtain)
- Courses on ethical and customer centered sales practices will be required
- Selected candidate is expected to remain current in product changes, licensing, technical developments, and continuing education
- Must be able to work the following schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00
- Associate's degree or higher preferred
- Establish customer relationships and follow up with customers, as needed.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Service can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
- Adaption of skills necessary to operate a business.
If you enjoy talking to people, are driven to achieve, have a passion for being the best in a fast paced work environment and some day aspire to run your own business but don’t feel ready to jump right in yet, this opportunity may be for you. The position is designed to give “on the job training” while working with a full time mentor in the agent’s office to build and cultivate customer relationships. You will be working to develop leads, solicit, consult and bind coverage to help customers manage their unique insurance and financial needs and while learning the logistics of managing a business and developing your skills and experience.
my training program includes
- Learning to market property/casualty, life, health and bank products
- Working closely with the agent to gain an understanding of the agent’s role and office logistics
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm Insurance Companies. This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. State Farm agents control which licensing requirements and training programs are offered or must be successfully completed by their employees. By accepting employment with a State Farm agent and/or successfully completing any licensing or training programs required by a State Farm agent, you are not guaranteed, promised or given any form of selection preference, should you choose to leave the agent’s employment and pursue the opportunity of becoming an independent contractor agent for State Farm Insurance Companies. If you choose to pursue an agency opportunity, you will need to apply and go through the regular State Farm Insurance Companies’ agent selection process
as an agent team member, you will receive...
- Hourly pay plus commission/bonus
- Health benefits
- Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
- Growth potential/Opportunity for advancement in my agency
Join a community of good neighbors
Make a difference in your community every day.
Gain confidence and grow your dream career.
Earn benefits and rewards that are second to none